Reporting to: Senior Manager
This position typically does not have any direct reports. Travel is required.
To provide technical expertise and leadership to KPM(UK)’s supply base in the execution of supplier sourcing, evaluation and selection, and leading a robust supplier development plan to maximize Quality, Cost, Logistics, Delivery, and Management (QCLDM), and to ensure that a supplier can meet corporate and business unit requirements for customer expectations for quality, cost, and delivery of purchased material
To provide on-site assistance & leadership to KPM(UK)’s supply base in the execution of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), the implementation of process control and the deployment of continuous quality improvement processes.
- Working collaboratively, support the execution of category and product sourcing strategy for all KPM(UK) production parts
- Perform Supplier process audits, including assessments of potential new suppliers.
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of technological developments and trends for guidance in advancements of design, quality, and manufacturing.
- Provide technical leadership in new supplier selection and technical support to suppliers during start-up activities.
- Develop and maintain a KPM(UK) Supplier Quality Excellence Programme
- Evaluate supplier’s capabilities to meet requirements for KPM(UK)’s Supplier Quality Excellence Program.
- Participating in Supplier Performance Management Reviews (SPM).
- Develop a deep understanding of the global supply base and become a trusted advisor to internal customers
- Continuously review KPMUK’s supply chain capacity and be responsible for supplier strategic capability to meet business growth.
- Collaborate with the product Buyer on supplier’s relationship management
- Deployment and monitoring of continuous quality improvement processes for new and existing suppliers worldwide ensuring that suppliers reach required quality levels for audit approval and quality of purchased material
- Coordinate with engineering personnel on matters regarding Concurrent Product and Process Development (CPPD), New Product Introduction (NPI), Continuous Process Improvement (CPI) teams, prove design to production, engineering changes, deviations, supplier designs, specification approvals, and meeting cost reduction goals.
- Assist suppliers with Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) activities from design concept to the end of product life (cradle to grave) to ensure production readiness for New Product Introduction (NPI).
- Participating in process FMEA for suppliers manufacturing processes including auditing overall supplier capability and process control implementation and effectiveness to validate process capability.
- Assuring production readiness through rigorous review of supplier PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) submission and ensuring PPAP completion and approval prior to delivery of new parts.
- Monitoring of supplier adherence to Process Change Notification (PCN) (for changes driven by Supplier and KPM(UK)) on a timely and cost-effective basis
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
Candidates will have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
- Experience : application of best practice experience within Manufacturing, Industrial, Automotive, or Aerospace industries, including experience working with suppliers. Also having a familiarity with manufacturing processes used to produce components and assemblies for KPM(UK) Products particularly for castings, forgings and heat treatment
- Leadership: Strong leadership, inspiring others to follow through example, coaching, setting direction and performance standards, influencing, motivation and management skills with a proven track record of networking and influencing both internally and externally
- Communication: Concise and influential communicator: able to discuss complex issues with clarity and credibility to a cross functional audience of varied experience enabling effective decision making
- Strategic thinking capability: Have a Strategic sourcing mindset, making balanced recommendations for delivering successful strategic projects and implementing complex change
- Technically proficient: Experience of working with CNC machining (milling and turning; Material metallurgical experience; Sound knowledge of Measurement techniques; Knowledge of tool design
- Quality astute: A natural problem solver with experience of applying 8D process or other structured problem-solving techniques in a manufacturing environment with a strong understanding of leveraging operating efficiencies and opportunities to gain added value from suppliers;
- Strong process orientation: Knowledge of quality manufacturing systems including a sound knowledge and experience of APQP, including the PPAP process. Strong knowledge of and experience in deploying Lean and Built in Quality processes. Six Sigma certified or having knowledge of Six Sigma tools and techniques.
- Strong analyst: Solid ability to use statistical and problem-solving tools and have a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Customer focused: Understands the customer requirements in terms of the categories of spend. Always seeking to improve quality and service for our internal/external stakeholders
- Team player: Works with colleagues to do what is best for the Company as a whole, ahead of divisional, department or personal goals
- Qualifications: Degree in Engineering or Equivalent experience and a Minimum of 5 years of job-related experience with an ability to read engineering drawings