An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Strategic Category Lead to join the Strategic Procurement team at KPM UK Ltd. Reporting to the Senior Manager – Procurement, you will develop and deliver the strategic procurement of Direct and Indirect goods & services at the optimal cost given the quality and service required.
The position will span all Procurement Categories and collaboratively determine the most suitable and sustainable sourcing approach. The position will focus on driving the strategy that meets our business objectives. You will also be required to assess what emerging challenges and opportunities might KPMUK’s future procurement pipeline decisions.
- Developing and implementing clear category management strategies, ensuring sourcing strategy identifies and considers the risks relevant to reduce exposure for Indirect and Direct spend to achieving savings targets, improving quality and service levels and achieving all other business objectives.
- Define measurement KPIs to demonstrate progress delivering maximum value from all third party spend
- Lead and execute tendering and negotiation activities together with the management of ongoing supplier relationships at a Company level. to support commercial and business objectives.
- Drive supplier engagement and capability, innovation and cost efficiency
- Project managing the delivery of plans and initiatives including performing cost/benefit analysis
- Be the category expert for responsible spend areas in order to fully understand the business needs and ensure compliance and performance as well as risk mitigation.
- Experience: best practice procurement experience in contract management, sourcing strategies in both direct and indirect goods and services. In-depth knowledge of negotiation, value engineering, forecasting, competitor analysis, market structure and analysis, project management and be equally confident managing people.
- Strong leadership: coaching, setting direction and performance standards, influencing, motivation and management skills with a proven track record of networking and influencing both internally and externally.
- Concise and influential communicator: able to discuss complex issues with clarity and credibility to a cross functional audience of varied experience enabling effective decision making
- Strategic thinking capability: Makes balanced recommendations for delivering successful strategic projects and implementing complex change
- Commercially astute analyst, a natural problem solver with a strong understanding of leveraging operating efficiencies and opportunities to gain added value from suppliers
- Strong process orientation, able to apply clarity of purpose and define simple, robust operating processes
- Resilient with a proactive focus on reducing business costs and always has a plan to meet or exceed targets without being asked.
- Excellent execution: Develop skills to analyse, decide, prioritise and plan. Ability to balance short term requirements with long term objectives to achieve commercial goals.
- Customer focused: Understands the customer requirements in terms of the categories of spend and become the category expert. Always seeking to improve quality and service for our internal/external stakeholders.
- Team player: Works with colleagues to do what is best for the Company as a whole, ahead of divisional, department or personal goals
- Qualifications: You will be degree qualified and hold Chartered MCIPS or equivalent
Please apply in writing enclosing an up to date CV to the Human Resources Department.