Department: HR Department
Reporting to: General Manager – Executive Director
Date: February 2022
As a member of the Senior Management team, you will lead the team to maximise the positive impact of people performance by developing, establishing, and embedding Human Resource (HR) and Organisation Development (OD) strategies. In this ‘hands on’ role, you will lead the team to develop a highly engaged, motivated and high-performance workforce in line with our ‘Top Brand’ strategy and company values.
The role is responsible for the leadership and development of all HR & OD aspects for the company, including: change management, organisation design & structure, performance management, recruitment and selection, training and development, leadership development, talent management, management of the HR department, compensation & benefits and Employee relations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
2 x HR Generalists
• Actively participate in overall business strategy, responsible for formulating and deploying the HR and OD strategy to help achieve key business objectives.
• Lead and direct the HR team to deliver a comprehensive HR service to the business.
• Deployment Leader for the Employee Satisfaction Strategy. Implementing employee engagement initiatives, leadership capability review and development initiatives, competency frameworks, performance management, career development, talent management and succession processes.
• Work with the leadership team to develop the design and architecture of the organisation and supporting structural change to achieve business objectives.
• Ensure continual leadership development, this will include hands on guidance, coaching, training, and support for the leadership team in line with the company’s values.
• Develop and implement training and development strategies to ensure we develop workforce skills in line with the business need.
• Manage talent and succession planning, ensuring we attract, retain and develop talented employees to increase the overall capability of the organisation. Lead all company recruitment and selection activities.
• Develop systems and process to improve the company’s communication.
• Oversee our employee relations, including communication with works committees and Union representatives. Oversee absence management, disciplinary, grievances and sickness (including Occupational Health Support).
• Work with our 3rd party legal specialist as and when required to ensure we continuously comply with employment law and to support with any legal challenges.
• Ensure all company policies and procedures are up to date and in accordance with current UK employment law and ensuring that all leaders are upto date with any change in policy.
• Oversee the recruitment, supervision, mentoring and planning of apprentice training.
• Give guidance on our employee benefits to remain competitive with like manufacturing/Engineering companies (local/National).
• Set the annual HR & Training budget and monitor the budget regularly to ensure adherence to plan.
• Act as a Company ambassador, representing the company in all external activities.
Other Relevant Information
The job holder must be adaptable and flexible, willing to travel nationally and internationally in order to carry out their job role, sometimes at short notice. The job holder will ensure they are fully up to date with employment law legislation and HR/OD best practice.
The job holder will build strong relationships with all key internal and external stakeholders to aid the development of the business and its reputation locally, nationally and internationally. You will also have strong networking links with all relevant key stakeholders, such as ACAS, our designated employment law providers and the local manufacturing group (PMG) etc.