Internal Sales & Logistics
The Senior Account Manager is responsible for managing a portfolio of Key customer accounts in their entirety, in line with company values and behaviours.
Main duties include:
Build strong working relationships with Key Accounts to enable long term customer loyalty and trust through being transparent, open and honest.
Coordinate with internal teams to deliver solutions that meet customer needs, enabling win-win agreements.
Develop account management strategies linked to the three core mother strategies improving profitability, customer satisfaction and business growth.
Identify opportunities to grow accounts and flag new business opportunities to the external sales team through the Customer Relationship Management system (CRM) and other structured channels.
Be a CRM expert and champion, ensuring all customer related information and master data is accurately maintained, enabled by completion of a CRM user manual against which all users are fully trained and competent.
Produce sales reports to enable high level business planning activities.
Develop, produce and maintain customer scorecards in line with company requirements.
Coordinate and implement customer Service Level Agreements (SLAs) across area of responsibility, ensuring they align with internal processes through enabling internal departmental ownership. Use contract, analytical and negotiation skills with all stakeholders involved to enable a “win-win” agreement.
Responsible for reviewing and setting customer pricing structures in line with contract reviews and ensure price records are correctly maintained in SAP (company ERP system).
Coordinate and allocate internal sales activities as part of New Product Introduction (NPI), as project ownership passes from the Sales Manager to the Account Manager from the prototype stage onwards.
Develop and maintain a high level of technical product knowledge to enable fluid and informative conversations with customers about product specifications and to enable the ability to challenge the customer demand.
Duties & Responsibilities
None, but is the account management lead on internal sales policies and procedures and the Sales Coordinators must align account actions with the Account Managers.
The job holder is responsible and accountable for Company procedures as set out in the Quality Procedure Index.
Customer Relationship Management
- Operate as the point of contact for assigned customers.
- Develop, nurture and maintain effective long-term relationships with accounts.
- Lead, organise and attend regular customer review meetings, setting effective agendas and involving other internal team members as required.
- Produce and circulate customer visit reports.
- Coordinate with staff members working on the same account to ensure a consistent service level.
- Make sure customers receive requested products and services in a timely fashion, including management of customer priorities internally and attend internal progress meetings as required.
- Expedite orders internally as required.
- Pushback and / or reject non-reasonable orders & forecast with appropriate negotiation with customers with maintaining long-term relationships.
- Communicate customer needs and demands internally, including Japanese supply side and follow up on progress.
- Keep records of all customer transactions in CRM and SAP.
- Responsible for CRM master data accuracy and maintaining CRM Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Responsible for the related account market information analysis. Produce reports on the accounts’ market summary, trend and potential market risk information.
Strategy Deployment & Business Development
- Attend strategy meetings and present baby A3s for account management in line with the mother strategies.
- Track the strategic progress of account management improvements against the business plan, working hard to meet set goals and deliver projects on time, while appropriately escalating any roadblocks.
- Identify opportunities to grow business with existing customers and conduct regular reviews with sales managers.
- Ensure orders and forecast line types are correctly maintained in SAP.
- Management of capacity allocation for accounts in SAP.
- Prepare and analyse forecast accuracy data.
- Regularly obtain customer demand input against SLA and appropriately challenge any deviation.
- Track customer account metrics, such as forecast accuracy, SLA adherence, quality score and On Time In Full (OTIF) using the customer scorecard approach.
- Prepare and present accurate forecast information at the Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) meeting.
- Using CRM / Special Price Requests / Quotes and market knowledge, maintain effective pipeline forecast.
- Able to coherently explain changes in customer demand.
- Develop a sense of insight through account management process and report to internal stakeholders on expected minimum volumes, market trend, potential on-going risk, expected annual revenue and other summaries relating to the customer accounts.
- Appropriately challenge forecast deviation and work with the customer to improve forecast accuracy and product availability.
- Review past OTD measurement and propose an action plan for OTD improvement.
- Keep up to date with customer air freight requirements and obtain sign off from Manager if KPM is at fault.
- Take action with a high level of agility and proactiveness in order to minimise the air freight occurrence.
- Prepare, coordinate and maintain SLAs and distributor agreements for existing business. Use SLAs to drive correct processes and outcomes with the customer and KPM UK, including stock holding agreements.
- Execute complex commercial agreements, ensuring alignment with internal KPM operations and customer requirements.
- Manage Phase In / Out (PIPO) process ensuring inventory is appropriately managed with the customer and materials team to eliminate deadstock.
- Manage safety stocks in SAP master data in line with Plan For Every Part (PFEP).
- Regularly review finished goods inventory levels and work to reduce deadstock as well as selling overstock and / or deadstock through the appropriate channels.
- Monitor and proactively manage payment issues for accounts within area of responsibility, including proforma, overdue invoices and credit issues. Work with the customer to establish “win-win” payment agreements.
- Arrange and agree Special Pricing Requests in line with procedure.
- Set and agree pricing structures with the customer and include in SLA.
- Management of correct pricing against customer accounts in SAP.
- Develop, own and maintain company pricing procedure.
New Product Introduction
- Manage customer related projects, working to meet customer goals while meeting company goals to enable a win-win working environment.
- Coordinate NPI process from prototype approval through to SOP, working with all internal stakeholders and the customer. Project manage where applicable.
- Provie support to other account managers to expedite NPI.
Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours Development