Reporting to: Maintenance Manager
To support the site production facilities through the maintenance of plant, equipment and services, being planned or un planned tasks. This role requires the ability to diagnose problems, the knowledge to work in a safe manner as shown through the task risk assessment. The ability to communicate clearly with suppliers and on site personnel.
Duties & Responsibilities:
None – however maybe required to oversee an apprentice.
The job holder is responsible and accountable for Company procedures as set out in the Quality Procedure Index.
- Work with the team to ensure it meets its 5 s performance targets;
- Be responsible for meeting individual KPI’s;
- Ensure 100 % compliance of working on a task only once a risk assessment is in place;
- Identify repeat problems and assist in the corrective actions to remove the cause;
- Advise on maintenance spares holdings;
- Breakdown repair of existing plant and machinery;
- Installation of new and existing machinery;
- Assist with machinery moves;
- Implement and support TPM/PPM across the site;
- Fully participate in production support activities;
- Electronic record keeping of machine repair details and stock;
- Be aware of hazards around the site, and be proactive in identifying them and supporting removal of hazards identified by others;
- Respond to breakdowns in a timely manner as per the priority set by production;
- Work with the production team to assist with the installation of new machinery;
- Ensure PPM activities are carried out within scheduled times, and arrange machine release if required;
- Repairs of plant and machinery;
- Risk assessment of all work tasks and contractor inductions;
- Keeping electronic records up to date;
- Fault finding using CNC controls and PLC ladder diagrams;
- Work with production staff to provide breakdown support in line with production priorities;
- Ensure that a risk assessment is carried prior to start of work, and to reassess is the if there is any changes during the work task;
- Ensure good communication is maintained with production staff for updates on machine breakdowns, machine release from production for maintenance. Communicate between outgoing and incoming maintenance shifts;
- Act as a mentor when working with apprentices or new starters.
- Has the Authority to stop a machine or process they feel is a health and safety risk.
Other Relevant Information
- Recommendation of spares holding.
- Needs to communicate with onsite staff, for machine release work status.
- Communication with outside suppliers for parts and labour to support the production process.