Reports to: Despatch Manager
Date: November 2019
The Logistics Team Leader is expected to take full managerial responsibility for personnel in the despatch department. In accordance with the company objectives of Top Brand and safety, quality and profitability, which form the KPI’s of this job role, the Despatch Manager is expected to align his/her work and day to day activities, linking them directly in to the measurable KPI’s that the company has set out, as well as displaying behaviours in line with the company’s values.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Full ownership and responsibility of all the team members in the Despatch area. Overtime is to be managed in line with the company KPI.
The job holder is responsible and accountable for Company procedures as set out in the Quality Procedure Index.
- Ensure compliance with the company health and safety policies and procedures – Including: Risk assessments, safety audits, PPE adherence, incident and accident reporting in accordance with set time frames.
- Ensure compliance with the company quality standards and procedures –on time delivery, pick accuracy, storage and handling of parts, adherence to packaging standards, cycle counting and manage stock accuracy initiatives in line with the company’s strategy.
- Efficiency by area – Manage, review and drive improvements in line with the company KPI, including any systems improvements.
- Daily output vs plan – Work with planning, production and sales to ensure daily targets and customer requirements are met, and in particular, driving on time delivery.
- Manning calculations and justification in line with volume requirements.
- Arrange/ensure personnel within area of responsibility have received the required training prior to undertaking their duties. No task should be undertaken without the correct training and sign off.
- HR activities: Recruitment & selection of staff, appraisals, reviews, engagement activities, performance management & improvement and investigatory and disciplinary hearings
- Improve and sustain continuous improvement initiatives in line with the 5’s standard and maintain the disciplines and adherence to within the areas of responsibility.
- Ensure that compliance with shift patterns, break and lunch times is adhered to by all respective personnel within the despatch department.
- Maintain and update SOPs within area of responsibility, ensuring documentation correctly reflects the current process and that those processes are followed.
- Investigate the root cause of customer complaints related to despatch, and work to achieve long term corrective actions.
- Ensure compliance with the latest VAT and customs regulations.
- Assist the Logistics & Planning Manager with budgetary tasks and goals.
- Liaise and negotiate with external suppliers.
- Any other tasks or duties relevant to the role.
- Train and coach all employees in the area.
The job holder has the authority to:
- Recruit personnel.
- Investigatory meetings.
- Disciplinary hearings.
- Enact the ‘stop/go’ procedure.
- Organise on/off the job training.
- Sign off purchase requisitions to appropriate release level in line with the departmental budget.
Other Relevant Information
- Deliver Tool box talk & team briefs – H&S, quality and adherence to plan
- The job holder will be trained to IOSH Managing Safely
- Provide support for the Logistics & Planning Manager when required
The Logistics Team Leader is expected to forge strong working relationships with all internal key stakeholders within the business and form effective, professional relationships with external customers and suppliers.