Department: General Management
Reports to: General Manager – Director
Date: November 2019
The Financial Controller is responsible for ensuring the company complies with local and international accounting standards and procedures and act as Company Secretary. In addition, the job holder will hold ultimate responsibility for financial forecasting, planning, management of foreign exchange and should therefore also ensure compliance with local and international legislation relating to these areas of the business.
The role also leads the IT department.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The current job holder is responsible for the following departments and direct reports, please note the job specification could be amended dependent on the knowledge and experience of the successful applicant:
- Finance Department
- Financial Liaison Manager
- Management Accountant
- Financial Accountant
- Bought Ledger Clerk
- IT Systems Department
- Systems Manager
- The job holder is responsible and accountable for Company procedures as set out in the Quality Procedure Index.
- Responsible for all financial matters within the company.
- Responsible for all financial performance and KPI reporting internally and to company head office.
- Act as Company Secretary for the company board.
- Lead business forecasting and budgeting process, including treasury management, capital planning and exchange rate management.
- Key in the development of the company’s strategy and execution. Deployment leader for the profitability strategy.
- Liaise with the Company bankers, insurers, HMRC and auditors.
- Responsibility for overseeing company’s customs arrangements, including incoterms.
- Act as the company appointed trustee for the company’s DB pension scheme.
- Lead on risk management and governance.
- Manage and direct the IT and Systems Development team.
- Responsible for ensuring data security, including GDPR.
- Ad hoc projects and duties as designated by the General Manager or Managing Director.
- The job holder is responsible for financial sign off in accordance with the authority levels as detailed in the Company finance records.
Other Relevant Information
- KPI’s/objectives are set on an annual basis at the beginning of each calendar year and are detailed in the job holder’s performance appraisal.
- The job holder must be willing to travel nationally and internationally in order to carry out their job role, sometime at short notice.
- The job holder should build strong relationships with all key internal and external stakeholders to aid the development of the business and its reputation locally, nationally and internationally.