Reports to: Team Leader
Date: April 2019
The Despatch Coordinator prepares and arranges the shipment of goods, including provision of the relevant documentation in accordance with company policy and procedures and in line with the company’s values and behaviours.
Duties & Responsibilities:
No direct reports.
- Prepare customer shipments. Confirm shipping instructions, including whether a consolidation shipment, with customer or sales coordinator.
- Invoice via SAP, including direct shipments in line with on time delivery KPI. Recharge packaging and freight accordingly.
- Provide goods information (invoice and delivery notes) to customer or freight forwarder ahead of shipment.
- Prepare shipping notes or export cargo shipping instructions for container shipments.
- Complete load schedule for transport collections.
- Help prepare loads in despatch in line with agreed process.
- Ensure vehicle drivers are correctly informed and conform to loading processes including wearing correct PPE while on site.
- Book Exworks transport online using customer specific websites.
- Book couriers on-line and manually. Notify customers and / or sales of shipping details.
- Provide certificate of shipment or proof of delivery to sales or finance when required.
- Communicate with production and sales on availability of goods.
- Provide quality and sales departments with delivery notes when requested.
- Despatch test certificates and update spreadsheet with AWB details where required.
- Ensure carriage forward shipments are ready and available prior to collection.
- Process returns.
- Aid in investigating any shipment issues.
The job holder has the authority to:
- Enact the “Stop / Go” procedure.
- Refuse to load or accommodate a vehicle on site if considered unsafe or if correct references / documentation is not provided.
- Enforce site Safety rules.
Other Relevant Information
Requirement to keep up to date with the latest customs and shipping rules and regulations and advise on these when required.
The Despatch Coordinator is expected to forge strong working relationships with all internal key stakeholders within the business and form effective, professional relationships with external customers and suppliers.