Brief overview of the job (including main duties & responsibilities):
The Compliance Technician is responsible for assisting with regulations & internal controls in
accordance with our Quality, Safety & Environmental management systems, policies and
Procedures (ISO 9001 Quality Management System, ISO 14001 Environmental Management
System and ISO 45001 Health & Safety Management system).
The role is also to assist in Environmental and H&S improvements on site.
- To assist with internal audits to ensure compliance to standards and procedures are followed.
- Identify compliance issues, assist internal investigations of non-conformance and help identify corrective/preventative actions.
- Monitor accidents, hazards and actions from safety audits to ensure they are resolved in a timely manner.
- Confirm that all legal monitoring is planned, taken place and report outcomes.
- Monitor legal surveys such as Legionella, asbestos, air monitoring etc. for the business.
- Report all data for Environmental KPI (waste, utility consumption & VOC).
- Assist with reporting legal information to official bodies for KPM UK, for example environmental matters, such as, packaging waste, emissions, restricted substances (REACH).
- Conduct QHSE inductions for new starters.
- Assist in enforcing statutory requirements throughout the organisation e.g. COSHH, RIDDOR, Display Screen Equipment, Risk Assessments etc.
- Assist in Providing internal H&S training, i.e. Risk assessment, Accident / Incident Investigation, H&S Audits, manual handling etc.
- Complete COSHH assessments and ensure that each chemical used conforms to REACH legislation.
- BTEC or equivalent level qualified (business/engineering/Science) or 3yrs relevant experience
- Experience of working within a precision engineering, manufacturing, environment.
- Computer Literate: word, excel. PowerPoint.
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Good communication skills both written and oral
- Work to set deadlines
- Accuracy/ attention to detail
- HNC or equivalent level qualified (business/engineering/Science) or 3yrs relevant experience
- ISO9001/14001/45001 audit compliance experience (internal/external)
- Qualified in NEBOSH at Certificate Level