Department: Product Development
Reporting to: Product Development Manager
Date: June 2022
The CAD Designer is responsible for the creation and maintenance of engineering data relating to Kawasaki’s range of hydraulic motors, pumps and related products. The role is to provide 2D and 3D CAD expertise to the company’s engineering departments in the creation and control of drawings and models in an efficient manner with due regard to industry standards, design specifications, manufacturing methods and inspection requirements, and in line with the company’s Top Brand vision for world class quality and reliability.
Duties & Responsibilities:
None, but maybe required to supervise apprentices as and when required.
The job holder is responsible and accountable for Company procedures as set out in the Quality Procedure Index.
- Leading the company’s transition from 2D drawing to model-based definitions
- Designing components and assemblies for new product developments using the latest 3D and FEA tools
- Supporting new product developments and other company functions with 3D printed parts
- Learning and adapting new developments, techniques and processes for use in new and existing products
- Proactively engaging in value engineering activities necessary to ensure the company maintains its cost competitiveness
- Preparing installation drawings and models for customers
- Assisting with the preparation of localised detailed drawings for all Kawasaki products
- Producing drawings, images and animations for product literature and company websites
- Preparing new and current 3D casting drawings to enable foundries to make castings from 3D models
- Producing 3D models of all Staffa products and, when agreed with KPMJ, of KPMJ-designed products, as requested by distribution and direct customers
- Liaise with and assist Production Engineering with tooling and fixture designs
- Assist all other Departments with drawing office needs including office layouts and storage designs
- Provide detailed tolerance analysis to aid manufacture of current designs
- To assist in the management of the drawing office revision control of KHI and Staffa engineering drawings in liaison with the Product Liaison Engineer
This is the only CAD Designer position within the company.
Other Relevant Information
Will occasionally be required to travel.
(not already defined in section 2. Duties & Responsibilities)
- SQA for supplier drawings and information
- KPMJ engineers for drawings and models of KPMJ-designed products and components
PED for tooling design and prototype manufacture